Sentient H.264 file conversion

Sentient H.264 file conversion

Postby Phil68 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:25 pm

Hi

I have the Sentient h.264 CCTV and was wondering if any software is available to convert the PVF files into more widely used files types such as DVD, AVI or MPEG. I can view recorded footage at home or my laptop via the PC viewer software, but need to be able to convert files to more widely used types for clients as they don't have access to the software. I have trawled the internet and found nothing.

My second problem is powering the system down as I cant locate a button to do this I move to various locations and need to be able to power the unit down in order to do this, otherwise the system is fine.

Thanks
Phil
Phil68
Peon

Re: Sentient H.264 file conversion

Postby DarKKendO » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:59 pm

The only reliable link that I could find is to this software:

http://www.myformatfactory.com/PVF-converter

Not sure if this will do what you want though. From what I'm seeing PVF is an audio format. Couldn't really find anything for video files. Hope this at least helps to point you in the right direction.

As far as powering the device down goes, I bought a CCTV kit a few months back and had to move it around for renovations to a relatives business. I couldn't find a power button either so I just turned it off at the mains and pulled the cable out. I'm not sure if this is what they intend but If they wanted it done any other way then they could have included a power switch or a button on the remote.

Hope this helps a bit at least :)
DarKKendO
Peon

Postby Phil68 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:36 pm

Thanks for that I agree they should have a power button or a power down option in the main menu, will give the software a try. I did hear that PVF is an old Sony format similar to PSP ( Dont know how true that info is)
Phil68
Peon

Postby 1Dude » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:03 pm

Get yourself a copy of winavi I am sure this will be able to convert your files
1Dude
Peon

Postby Phil68 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:57 pm

Hi

Nope AVI cant convert PVF files I have tried AVS video converter, Magic video converter,Any dvd converter, Fairstares converter, Power ISO, Various Nero add ons , Vlc , Ashampoo,. It would appear that PVF files are not widely used a bad choice by Sentient. However newer models are supposed to be MPEG 4 enabled.
Phil68
Peon

Postby sk85 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:28 am

Files generated by CCTV DVRs generally aren't proper video files (at least not like those you'd normally find on a computer) and so cannot be converted by programs used to convert normal video files. Usually a DVR backup will contain multiple video streams in a single file and (just to complicate things a bit more) it will usually be in a format made up by the manufacturer.

I'm not sure about the particular DVR you have but most come with software for viewing the files on a pc which should have an option to export a single camera which can then be saved in a more useful file format.
sk85
Peon

Postby dmtony » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:31 pm

use IE in the url type in your IP address starting with http:// when the page opens your see PCPlayer on the right side. click on it and save it, then click on it install the player. once it's open, open your saved PVF file.
at the top of the player your see AVI this will make an AVI file but the AVI file will be low quality
dmtony
Peon

Return to CCTV and Security