*** Attention BT Home Hub Users ***

*** Attention BT Home Hub Users ***

Postby Anothersteve » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:51 pm

I'm posting this to assist any poor BT Home Hub 3 users who may be experiencing problems configuring their CCTV cameras for remote monitoring. My system being the Kguard SHA108.V2 and iPhone plus ipad.

Firstly, thanks to Dan at the Maplin Support Team for his perseverance and guidance behind the scenes but NO THANKS to BT 'support' who have been in denial throughout this tiring process.

The problem concerned Port Forwarding, the details for which (ports 80, 9000 and 18004) were followed to the letter, however despite numers checks and re-checks it just would not work. However, THE turning point was changing the home network name under the 'Devices' menu. Do this as follows:
Home Network
Devices
Device Information
Home network name: Edit whatever is already in this box (mine had a collect of miscellaneous numbers and letters) and call it something like 'my-camera_monitor' or whatever you like. THE trick is NOT to leave it with it's default name.
Be sure to hit 'Apply', which is further down the page.

For a good iPhone/ipad remote monitor app I would recommend searching for 'Kguard' on the apps store and downloading KViewHD.

Good luck!

Steve
Anothersteve
Peon

The following user would like to thank Anothersteve for this post
Dave

Kguard 108/104 V2 cctv - BT homehub set up solved

Postby fyfi » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:50 pm

I am all up and running, the following is what i did, it may help others

on dvr input the following:

Static
IP 192.168.001.100

Now the homehub
I input the following into the ports

tcp 80 80 80 80
udp 80 80 80 80
tcp 9000 9000 9000 9000
udp 9000 9000 9000 9000
tcp 18004 18004 18004 18004
udp 18004 18004 18004 18004 ( the last 2 are if you want to remote view on your phone)

then go to configure, choose the program that you have just added and then pick custom from the device list, input the address 192.168.1.100 and assign this

you should now be up and running, but you will need to get somebody away from the homenet work to check this by entering your external ip address into internet explorer.

hope this helps, it worked for me
fyfi
Peon

Re: *** Attention BT Home Hub Users ***

Postby Edkandi » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:52 pm

I'm new to all this stuff.
Not sure how you go about inputting those numbers into the ports on the homehub, I think I've got the first bit done on the DVR OK #:-s
Any help would be much appreciated as the instructions are not even in proper english, and I've spent hours getting nowhere :-o
Thanks!
Edkandi
Peon

Postby Edkandi » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:47 pm

Forgot to say its an Addonics H.264 DVR.
Got it at the Maidstone branch a couple of weeks back...the rest of its working OK, but I didn't realise I'd need a Phd to set up the I Phone link ;)
Edkandi
Peon

Postby BigDave » Sun May 13, 2012 5:03 pm

I set up a friends DVR system for them and ran into problems with BT.

Turns out, they don't use "static" IP addresses, so he had to change to a business plan so there was a regular IP address to log on to.

It's another thing to look out for if your having problems.
BigDave
Peon

Postby djrah » Mon May 14, 2012 1:25 pm

BigDave wrote:I set up a friends DVR system for them and ran into problems with BT.

Turns out, they don't use "static" IP addresses, so he had to change to a business plan so there was a regular IP address to log on to.

You dont have to do that. Register yourself with a Dynamic DNS host. I use no-ip. There is also an option on my HH3 to enter your DDNS account so the hub and the host can update the new IP address every time. Works smashing for me.
djrah
Peon

Postby francisuk22 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:14 pm

djrah wrote:
BigDave wrote:I set up a friends DVR system for them and ran into problems with BT.

You dont have to do that. Register yourself with a Dynamic DNS host. I use no-ip. There is also an option on my HH3 to enter your DDNS account so the hub and the host can update the new IP address every time. Works smashing for me.

Hit the nail on the head i would recommend a DDNS account 100% especially with BT, Sky ADSL, I think O2 and adsl24 can give you a static IP without a business plan.

Another tip is because video uses alot of data and you have people on the same router for there traffic, i would recommend a router with a QoS function, If you can grab a DD-WRT ( www.dd-wrt.com ) compatible router or you can buy them off ebay for less then £15 as there is a nice QoS function

Note: think about it dont forget to DMZ to the DD-WRT router and open the ports on the DD-WRT router for it to function ok
Intel Core2Duo 2.70GHz
8GB RAM
160GB HDD
Storage Options 53317 4CH CCTV
francisuk22
Peon

Postby maclads » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:10 pm

I am setting up the same cctv with BT business tomorrow :shock: wish me luck lol
maclads
Peon

Postby Dan » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:44 pm

I'm sure you'll be fine, but you know where we are if you need us!

Dan
Dan
Maplin Employee

Postby maclads » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:14 pm

Thanks Dan I think I will be asking for help lol
It's the port that's confusing me
maclads
Peon

Postby Anothersteve » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:43 pm

As I'm the person who originated this subject I think it's important that I give an urgent update:

Over the last week or so I had problems with my Kguard and CCTV remote app working, getting straight to the point after spending a *long time* over this, please everyone be aware that BT are remotely upgrading the firmware on their BT Home Hub 3's and it is this firmware upgrade that stopped my app from working.

In techno-speak : Port Forwarding has been buggered up :evil:

In short, if you have a 'B' series home hub 3 you might be OK, if you have an 'A' series BEWARE.
Anothersteve
Peon

Postby jetskimatty » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:17 pm

Hi all.
Just a few points about BT Homehub2/ and 3 ive tried with my Swann camera DVR system.
I had a BTHomehub3a and spent hours trying to port forward etc etc slowly losing the will to live.
I spent hours online researching this and found out its a firmware problem with them (great)!
I got in touch via twitter to @btcare and asked them to send me a new router because of the port forwarding faults in the router.
They despatched me a new Homehub2b which is supposed to be better.
IT ISN'T MUCH BETTER!
I bit the bullet and went to Maplin and bought a new NETGEAR N300 Adsl router.
This is an excellent bit of kit and for £89.99 it has kept me from going (completeley) insane!
The router was setup from scratch with my BT broadband line (ADSL) without problems, the port forwarding was setup, the wireless setup in minutes for all our devices from Blackberries, to Archos tablets for the kids, PS3, Laptops etc & it is opening ports and forwarding them as it should.
My recommendation to you all with the same problem, is cut your losses and THROW YOUR HOMEHUBS IN THE BIN AND BUY A NETGEAR N300 from Maplin.
This is the solution to all my problems getting my Swann DVR online.
I was also having problems getting my Swannview Blackberry App to stream the images from the DVR, but another little trick is:- Whatever your password is setup as on your DVR, if its over 6 characters Eg "Zebbedee" then it wont work. You need to take the first 6characters from this and enter into the Swannview app as your password. So you would put your IP address in, port 18004, channel select, the user id, then enter ZEBBED out of the password and VOILA it works!
I hope this helps someone after i nearly gave up after all the problems i had.
Good luck everyone.
Matty.
jetskimatty
Peon

Postby Arashazarakhsh » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:56 am

I'm getting as far as that the dvr shows it's connected when I input it's ip but on the October it only says waiting for 182.168.1.68 which is the ip assigned by the router, I have tried port 80, 8080, 50000 none if them work arrrgg!
Arashazarakhsh
Peon

Return to CCTV and Security